6/18/09

Music: Flyleaf

Christian? Yes

Genre: Rock

Review:

Flyleaf rocks. Hard. I could leave it at that, but I won't because I'm actually supposed to give a review..... But that really explains the whole of Flyleaf: rock, have fun onstage, and write lyrics that have meaning.

Flyleaf is my favorite band. With a female lead singer (Lacey Mosely), they sound a lot different from most hard rock bands. Lacey has a very versatile voice that ranges from soft and comforting to hard and screaming. Her voice has so much emotion that it's really wonderful to listen to.

Flyleaf is played on a lot of Christian radio stations but they normally have their gigs with secular bands like Green Day. They are very bold with their faith and really want their music to reach out to all kinds of audiences.

Flyleaf only has one album, but there are two EP's..... I'm pretty sure. They have demo songs on iTunes along with one EP featuring some new songs possibly on their next album.

Flyleaf's song "I'm So Sick" is featured on the first Rock Band. It's a very popular song with powerful lyrics in the chorus: "I'm so sick/infected with/where I live/let me live without this/empty bliss/selfishness/I'm so sick."

Best Songs: "I'm So Sick," "Fully Alive," "Cassie," "All Around Me," and "Breathe Today."

Review Written By: Teapot Sue

1 comment:

Vix Vixia said...

this band is cool :) but the interesting thing is i heard one of flyleaf's song "Again" on air1 and tought it was plumb but it was flyleaf. Both flyleafs and plums style of singing is singed with deep emotion. But the bands music is kinda different. is there going to be some more music band reviews i am looking forward to reading more reviews here keep it up :)